Q&A With Rhett C. Bruno

The Circuit: Executor Rising - Rhett C. Bruno

Author Rhett C. Bruno has a new science fiction release out from Mundania Press: The Circuit: Executor Rising. Welcome!

What inspired you to write The Circuit?

A ton of things inspired me. Books I've read, shows I've watched. But I guess the one thing that originally gave me the idea was that in so many SciFi stories artificial gravity is just present, and accepted. I wanted to create a world where there was a price to pay for that ability, and in the Circuit it was the Earth. Everything else sort of sprung from the idea that we ruined the Earth by mining Gravitum and that our solar system was settled because of it. FTL engines are not yet invented in my book.

You're in an elevator and have ten seconds to convince a reader to buy your book. What do you say?

The Circuit is a story with everything. Post-Apocalyptic elements, the strength of family, revenge, a strong female main character, and even love to an extent. Plus who can say no to an all-powerful android just beginning to stratch the surface of his potential.

Who would you say were your biggest writing influences?

First and foremost it was my high school English teacher. To this day she continues to read stuff for me, help edit and just give me an opinion. Other than her I guess it would be other authors I've read, none more than Timothy Zahn. The way he's able to jump back and forth between character perspectives is masterful.

What are you working on now?

Right now I'm working on the sequel to "Executor Rising." I'm also working to earn a screenwriting certificate from the New School, and on a short story titled Titanborn which I may extend into a novel.

Can we expect to see you at any book events this year?

As of this moment I only have a Book Release Party scheduled at Treme: Blues and Jazz club in Islip, Long Island. More details are on my website: www.rhettbruno.com/.‚Äč Though I'd be happy to have a signing anything, especially if that signing could possibly group together some Mundania authors to help with marketing.

About the Book

It has been centuries since Earth was rendered a barren, volatile wasteland. With their homeworld left uninhabitable, humanity founded a system of colonies throughout their local solar system. Known as the Kepler Circuit, these settlements are strung together by a network of nonaligned Solar-Ark transports, locked in continuous motion. They have served to provide an influx of resources to every faction ruling over the remnants of humankind, most importantly the newly discovered element Gravitum which is found only in the Earth’s unstable mantle.

By 500 K.C. a religious sect known as the New Earth Tribunal has risen to preside over most of The Circuit. Though there is barely a faction left remaining to challenge them, a string of attacks on their transports force them to summon the enigmatic, yet brilliant, Cassius Vale for help. What they don’t know is that together with his intelligent android creation, ADIM, he is the one orchestrating the raids.

His actions lead to the involvement of Sage Volus, a beautiful Tribunal Executor sent by her masters to spy on their mortal enemies – the Ceresian Pact. In order to find out who is behind the attacks, she infiltrates the ranks of a roguish mercenary named Talon Rayne. Against all her intentions, however, she finds her faith tested by him and his ragtag squad.

While Sage and Talon are engaged in a futile hunt, Cassius Vale initiates his strategy to bring down the narrow-minded Tribune once and for all. But will anyone be able to survive what he has in store for the Circuit?

Source: http://www.arecafe.com/cafe-news/qa-rhett-c-bruno